FuzziBunz Elite 2013 – New and Fun Fluff

Theoretically, I should stop buying diapers.  In all actuality, there is no further reason for me to buy any other cloth diapers ever.  But let’s be serious: that’s so not going to stop me.  Now that I’ve got a couple of FuzziBunz Elite 2013 diapers in my cloth diaper stash, I’m seriously considering getting more.  Granted, I’ve always been a bit partial to FuzziBunz diapers: it’s what I started my stash with.

FuzziBunz 2013 Elite Design

The FuzziBunz 2013 Elite diaper is a one size pocket diaper.  Like all FuzziBunz one size versions, the 2013 comes with a newborn and a large insert.  It also has snap closures in their traditional three snap configuration and the rise and leg sizing is adjustable through buttonhole elastic.  The leg elastics and back waist elastic are all replaceable without the need to sew.

What’s Awesome About the FuzziBunz Elite 2013

The FuzziBunz Elite 2013 has returned to some of the best features of the original one size diaper.  The microfiber insert is back.  The diaper is larger and wider to fit larger toddlers longer.  (And considering we’re still struggling with Norton and potty training, that’s a very, very good thing.)  The PUL is smoother, so it’s an easier diaper to stuff.  Additionally, it just feels like it’s better quality.  The old FuzziBunz Elite design wasn’t totally scrapped, though: the 2013 design still has that wonderful hidden adjustable elastic.  That it can be replaced in ten minutes or less with no more than a safety pin is a huge bonus for this girl who doesn’t sew.  I love that this design still has enough of the same snap configuration to be good for the husband: FuzziBunz have always been the first diapers that he’s reached for when he changes our kids.  Additionally, they’ve got one of the best guarantees in the industry with a lifetime warranty on the PUL.

Not only that, but now FuzziBunz has new colors and prints available.  I’ve already got the Swirl, but I’ve got to get Puzzle for my future son-in-law.  There’s nothing cuter than Huan and Eudora in matching bums.

FuzziBunz Elite 2013 (Cloth Diaper Addicts)

Eudora modeling the Limited Eldition

What’s Not Awesome About the FuzziBunz Elite 2013

FuzziBunz has stopped including the spare replacement elastic.  It’s understandable: people were always losing them.  I didn’t, though, and really loved the convenience of having the spare elastic on hand.  However, FuzziBunz will send replacements.  The buttonhole elastic has changed on the FuzziBunz Elite 2013, too: it’s significantly narrower and no longer numbered.  I loved the numbered holes; it made adjusting the entire stash to be a painless endeavor.

The Long and Short

If you didn’t like the previous designs because they were too narrow, then this just might be your new love.  The new designs are the same width as the Perfect Size diapers, which have been a constant favorite even among those who didn’t care for the one size.  I’m certainly enjoying them!

Have you tried the new FuzziBunz Elite 2013?

Comments

1. The design of this Fuzzi Bunz sounds very well thought-out, and you are right; the colors are so cute. Based on your description, I wonder when this diaper would really start fitting well on a baby? It sounds like it runs a little big. Thanks for this info!

• It most definitely does run larger… but I find the width to be comparable to the width of BumGenius and Thirsties diapers. I suspect that with the cinching down, those might be do-able at the 8-9 pound mark, while the first gen Elite would easily cinch down to fit a 6-7 pounder.

Honestly, I find it very annoying that they keep changing their design. It seems like every year they have drastically changed it, the size, shape, snaps, elastic, inserts… Bumgenius only updates their design every few years and even then it is usually not a big change on the way the diaper fits. I am just not a big fan of fuzzi bunz anymore even though I had a full stash of them for my firstborn.

3. Rachel A. says:

Thanks for the review! I have been meaning to try out fuzzibunz! Thanks!

4. I am not a huge fan of FuzziBunz. I have some, but the brand is definitely not my fav. I am just not fond of pocket diapers. I do love the new prints though.

5. Polly Valenzuela says:

I am not a huge fan of FB, nor am I a fan of pockets anymore .. :( but I have heard that their old line was way better then their most recent.

6. Bekah Kuczenski says:

I’m glad that the new design is larger and wider. I love fuzzibunz, but now that my daughter is a toddler they don’t fit as well and we have problems with leaking :/I can’t wait to try the new version!!

7. I love their hidden elastic.

8. Leela R. says:

I have two of these and think they are okay. I snap my 18 lb 4.5 month old into them on the tightest snaps and have the elastic cinched pretty tight as well, so I’m not su they would fit well on smaller babes. As it is my 90th percentile guy looks like he’s kind of swimming in them. Maybe I’ll like them more as he gets even bigger though.

9. Happily Southern says:

I haven’t tried the new FB elite… but I do like the prints! :)

10. AlannaB says:

I love the new Puzzle print! I also suffer from a fluff addiction…but have yet to try any of the FuzzBunz!

11. Rhonda Klee says:

Great review! My niece would love these for her new bundle of joy :)

12. i always want to try fb’s but the hubby says to wait and use what we have before buying any more at all….we have 8 diapers only 4 will fit till shes probably around 10lbs w chunky legs sadly i got some blissful bootys during thier going out of biz sale and well i got them in the mail (a week late) and they are HUGE! not at all what the description seemed to lead on so im still on the hunt for more and frankly im over hunting when i know which ones will work and fit grrr

• The new ones will not work for quite some time because they are quite huge, IMO. Tell your husband that 8 isn’t enough, anyway. How big is your daughter?

• we have 2 children ages almost 3 and 4 out of diapers completely and we are having our third due in Nov so i still have some time but with him being the only one working i have to be very particular on what we buy for our stash at least until season here kicks in and we can afford to get higher priced diapers. i was going to go the prefold and covers way but then i realized im still paying the same if not more, tho i can reuse the covers im just worried ill get stuck with more that dont fit for a while and the husband gives up and decides weve got what weve got make them work and ill buy disposables which i do not want!!! my 2 children where both pretty big my son was 8lb 2oz 21 inch and my daughter was 8lbs 7oz 20 inch and so far baby #3 has been 2-3oz over regular size but that doesnt mean she will stay ahead on the weight scale im only 25 weeks. im addicted already i think i need CDA lol every chance i get im researching diapers i must be going crazy lol

• Researching diapers is good. :-) How else are you going to get a better idea of where to start? Prefolds and covers are actually very cheap: You can (in Canada) get 6 diapers and 2 covers for about $35. (That’s from my local shop.) Take a cruise by my tips on buying used cloth diapers so that you can hopefully find some diapers that work for you at a more affordable price. Good luck!

13. thank you …i was just on ebay last night actually ….i have family in canada but they have no clue on cloth diapering to beable to help out finding items up there i live in fort myers fl and there isnt any shops around here that sell them its not a popular thing around here i guess not even on craigslist which kinda stinks im a must have in my hands to decide on buying it kind of shopper but im slowly trying to let that control factor go considering my options lol im not so much worried about diapers for the baby in the future more just for when shes a newborn ive researched kawaii p&n and have found many mixed reviews but they are cheap and seem to be an easier way for dad and other family members that is if they fit like they should i might order one off ebay before i place an order with the actual company itself since it will take a while for me to receive it ….i want to have all my diapers and accessories prepped and set up atleast 2 weeks before my due date just in case this little girl decides to come early like my 2nd did.

14. Shannon Taylor says:

I was so sad when they changed their design. The original FB OS fit my little one perfectly. The new ones are just too big. Sometimes you just shouldn’t fix something that isn’t broken.

15. Alexis Bertch says:

I’m not really a fan of the new 2013 version. They are really huge on my almost 22lber. There’s no way they’d fit a small baby. I have a Choco Truffle 2013 Elite and it is much smaller than the 2013 new colors/prints. I have an email in to the CEO and waiting for a response.

16. Vanessa Coker says:

Love that they now come in prints :) I used them on my now 2.5 yr old back when he was in diapers and loved them! I’m expecting #2 in December and excited to try this new Fuzzibunz elite 2013.

17. Michelle Lee says:

I was afraid to try Fuzzibunz since I’d heard bad things about them, but now I’m curious. I love the new colors and prints too.

18. I have not tried the 2013 Elite, but would love to! I’m a lover of the 2012 version though! So that makes me worry that I actually wouldn’t like the 2013 version. I loved that the minkey inserts were so trim! I’m afraid the microfiber won’t be as trim? I’d love to give them a try, but I’m skeptical!

19. Oh and I’m also not really a fan of the new prints. They aren’t very appealing to me. Disappointing.

20. I’m about to try the new Elites, but not willingly. I missed the news that the Elite had been updated and I LOVE the 2011/12 Elites, so when my four ancient velcro-closure BumGeniuses (3.0?) finally gave out, I was looking forward to more super-trim, minky-goodness Elites. They came in the mail today and I am so disappointed. My 6 month-old is long and skinny; my Kawai’s don’t fit him at all and the BumGeniuses were iffy. All that he can reliably wear are FuzziBunz (the leaks occur through the leg holes, which are only adjustable on FB), and of those, the Elites gave a far better fit than the old one-size. Oh well. He won’t stay 6 months-old forever. I’ll let you know how it goes. :)

21. Hello again! Well…the new elites are huge. HUGE. On the website it says they’re about the same as a perfect size medium, but I think they match my perfect size larges. That said, they do fit my 18 lb 7 month-old, by cinching up the elastic in the waist and legs. I’ve had no leaks at all. I can’t double stuff them (I can’t even single stuff them with the large insert), but no problem, the short insert is very pillowy. All in all, I still prefer the 2011 elites (so trim, so fitted), but these are good. Tight waist, tight leg holes, huge everywhere else. :)

Add Comment Register