Best Bottom Diapers, It’s All Your Fault

Dear Best Bottom Diapers,

In August 2012, you came onto my radar.  Heather over at The Parenting Patch was raving about Best Bottom Diapers and had decided that they would be the only cloth diaper she ever owned.  Cozy Bums Diapers, my “dealer” (also known as “the local cloth diaper store with one of the best selections in Canada”) started carrying Best Bottom Diapers.  That they were in Cozy Bums meant that they had to be good because Kerri doesn’t have any products that she doesn’t believe in.

At first, I dismissed Best Bottom Diapers.  I didn’t need them.  I had plenty of cloth diapers.  I was starting to ponder the idea of having a cloth diaper stash that was just too big because I had around 60 diapers for having two kids in cloth.  Plus, something about the label made me think of camo, and I hate camo.

Then the Cookie Monster print came out.  Since at that time, Norton was obsessed with anything and everything Sesame Street, I pre-ordered it from Cozy Bums.  And then there was a family reunion.  My daughter was wearing a purple dress and my husband gave me the go ahead to get a new diaper.  I bought the Best Bottom diaper in Wild Berry.  (At one point in time, when you googled for Best Bottom Wild Berry, this image of daughter modeling that diaper was the first image in a Google Image Search.)

Eudora models the Best Bottom diaper in Wild Berry

Eudora models the Best Bottom diaper in Wild Berry

And then?  Well, then I went nuts.  My cloth diaper addiction was in full force.  And this meme?  Well, it became my life.

Dear Best Bottom Diapers, It's All Your Fault (Cloth Diaper Addicts)

For some, this is a silly joke. For me, this became a way of life after buying my first Best Bottom diaper.

And now I must accept the truth: my cloth diaper stash is completely out of control.  And Best Bottom Diapers, because you tempted me with the Cookie Monster (by the way, I’m feeling pretty cheated because there were never any Best Bottom diapers in Elmo, Oscar, or Big Bird), it’s totally your fault.

It’s Heather’s fault, too.  I’m a tiny bit competitive sometimes, and when she announced that her Best Bottom diapers collection was complete, I decided that I could do that, too.  And I did.  I now have every single Best Bottom shell ever made in snaps… except for camo, because (as mentioned above) I hate camo and it’s not allowed in my house.

Okay, sure, I can take some of the credit.  I decided that it was really fun and cute and far more fun to dress my daughter when she had a plethora of diapers to match her outfits.  But you, Best Bottom Diapers, reminded me of how much fun it was to start.  And this is what my Best Bottom stash looks like right now.  I think.  I may have forgotten one or two.

Dear Best Bottom Diapers, It's All Your Fault (Cloth Diaper Addicts)

I’m not sure if I should thank you or blame you. 😉

Have you ever collected a particular brand of cloth diaper?  What kind of diaper was it?

*Edit: I forgot Spearmint.  Oops.  I DO have too many Best Bottom diapers.

Comments

1. Anastasia says:

Ohh purples! DARN IT SUZI!

2. I will take the blame for your Best Bottom addiction only if you take the blame for my entire cloth diaper addiction. And, yes, I have all the Best Bottom shells — even the camo. Must. Stop. Buying. Diapers.

• Blame taken. And good luck with that. I’ve given up and decided to just revel in my addiction.

• Anastasia says:

I figure if I get addicted with newborns dipes does that mean I’ll never have another? It’s a risk I’ll TAKE, lol!

3. I’ll take both of the foxes, please. But that’s all!

4. They have a great selection and after seeing all the cute designs I really wish that I would have tried cloth diapering.

5. haha oh gosh I just love it.
    I’ve never tried a BB diaper 🙁 boo
    My husband says my stash is huge…and then I show him yours.
    Suddenly my stash is tiny. Thanks Suzi.
    Jessica @ThankfulForThorns recently posted…One Month.My Profile

6. While I didn’t go crazy with buying all of the prints or colors of a particular diaper, I did obsess about trying almost every single diaper that I could get my hands on 😉

I have never collected in that I need to have every color. I do like to have a few of each brand though instead of just 1 of each. My biggest collections are probably of applecheeks and thirsties.

8. Jessica Hughes says:

I’d never tried Best Bottom, but had to have Watermelon when it came out! And now I may or may not have Foxy Frolic and Hedgehog on the way for DD’s 1st birthday. Ooooops. XD (I’d also love to find the limited edition Halloween one. Is it called Jack-o-Lantern? Something like that.)

• Jack o’ Lantern. Yeah, I’ve got that. It was a Nicki’s Diapers exclusive, so there aren’t a whole heck of a lot of them in Canada.

9. Melanie Schroder says:

I only have a couple shells but am wanting to build up my stash and sell my pockets.

10. Judith Martinez says:

I am far from an addict and I’ve never tried best bottoms. I mostly use what I’ve won or had given to me. I have to say that I’m with you on camo though! Who thought it was a good idea to make a pink camo? I think that is worse then regular camo which is at least practical in some contexts.

11. Jennifer says:

Awesome story! I’ve never tried Best Bottoms and may have to avoid them so I don’t follow suit and buy them all lol.

12. Anastasia says:

AND plum pie, wild berry & foxy frolic showed up today. On a side note, how EASY is it to double these by snapping the inserts on only 1 end. My FAVE dipe has been discontinued but these are a nice a-i-2 alternative!

My fave WAHM seller did NOT have the extender tabs so that will be another time! LOL nighttime dipes that fit her again (laughs manically)

13. Donna-Lynn Craig says:

I’ve always wanted to try the Best Bottoms. I always thought the prints were so cute!! I never bought any cause I thought of the exclusive inserts you needed to buy for them wasn’t convenient for me. I may want to buy one in the near future. Very tempting.

14. I love bestbottom, too bad they discontinue some of the prints I would love to have, but same as you I have every print I could possibly buy lol I even have 2 of some of my favorite colors.

1. […] Today’s fluffy model is an older picture of Heather’s daughter Poppy over at The Parenting Patch. Poppy is rockin’ the Cookie Monster diaper in bright blue with brown trim from Best Bottom Diapers. […]

2. […] Heather, shows that girls can rock out camo just as well as the boys.  Poppy is wearing a Best Bottom Camo diaper (and making it look good, […]