Grey Cloth Diapers the New Brown?

Back in October, I noticed that most big name manufacturers have discontinued their brown diapers.  It seems that brown cloth diapers are going out of fashion, along with those brilliantly contrasty brown/pink and blue/pink combinations.  I’ve noticed what seems to be replacing all of that brown: grey cloth diapers.

Grey Cloth Diapers are the New Brown

Grey Cloth Diapers – Everywhere!

Grey cloth diapers are a fabulous neutral that will still coordinate with most things… particularly since grey has become a common accent color in children’s clothing.  Sometimes you’ll find them on patterned diapers, too.

Grey Cloth Diapers in Your Pocket

Because of the midway price point and ease, pocket cloth diapers are “the gateway drug” to cloth diapering.  There are a few brands of pockets that now have grey cloth diapers in their line up.

grey-pockets

The AppleCheeks Steel Me diaper was out for six months as a limited edition, did beautifully well, and is now retired to make room for Riptide to join the AppleCheeks line up.  However, the AMP Pebble is still available and bumGenius Armadillo is now being shipped out to customers who pre-ordered from Cotton Babies.  (Hopefully that means that they’ll ship it to their retailers next week and it’ll be in my hot little hands two weeks after that.)

Grey Cloth Diapers as an All-in-Two

grey-ai2

The newest grey cloth diaper to join the line up is the Best Bottom Dragonfly Ripple.  The green is an avocado color… and honestly, I really love this diaper because it reminds me of Oscar the Grouch.  The GroVia Cloud was the first grey cloth diaper to start the trend.  The Planet Wise Grey Chevron is a nice and perfect grey color combination with the nice yellow pop on the piping.

Have you added a grey cloth diaper to your stash?  Which is your favorite?

Comments

1. Anastasia says:

Yes & Yes……I’m seeing a LOT of grey too (& some really neat names for them) AS WELL AS matching clothing in the stores. (Yellow dress with & grey & white polka dot skirt anyone?) The combinations can be mature or bright & sunny like a giggle! Like the shock of seeing brown at first (really? lol) these are a tad confusing until you get over it & your mind goes NUTS realizing they go with just about everything! Should be a fun summer!

2. Catie Shaffer says:

I have a grey Lil Joey’s NB that I got used…not sure when it came out but it’s one of my favorites! I also have the grey GroVia!

3. I have way more gray shirts in my dresser than I would care to admit, but for some reason I’m not really digging the gray diapers. :/ I DO like that there is another gender neutral color out there now besides green, yellow, etc.

4. I have several grey diapers….Applecheeks Steel Me, Buttons Pebble, Grovia Cloud, etc…..I love them but I still love brown, too 🙂

I like grey more than brown. Brown is really not my favorite, I use them for night time. I would love to get the AMP pebble, I already have a applecheeks steel me

6. Laurie P says:

We don’t have any grey diapers, but I do adore Applecheeks steel me.

7. Jodi Armstrong says:

I wish there was grey when i bounght my diapers (flip covers). we don’t need another diaper- so it’s hard to justify for a color preference- but i do like that it matches with a lot of clothes for a girl or boy 🙂

8. Weng Rodriguez says:

It also seems that foxes are the new animals of choice. Owls and elephants seem to be on their way out. 🙂

9. Rita Topper says:

I bought a few AppleCheeks Steel Me and I think the colour is just perfect!

10. Jenelle says:

I love the grey! It’s very modern and now!

11. Amanda Felton says:

I personally love the grey. I wear a lot of grey myself. I find that it is definitely a gender neutral colour too.

12. Rebecca Harden says:

I absolutely love grey!! I prefer it rather than brown for myself AND for cloth diapers! It’s just so much cuter! My favorite grey diaper so far is the Bumgenius! <3

13. Leilani Y says:

I think I would prefer grey anyways. I think it matches with a lot of things. I have definitely had my eye on the AMP pebble, it is the perfect shade!

14. Mia Hicks says:

Oh these are all so cute! and would be perfect for my little guy!

15. Donna-Lynn Craig says:

I like the Planet Wise chevron look. I’m obsessed with chevron right now though

16. Melissa E says:

To be honest, the grey with a bluish hue actually looks great to me. Patterns mixed with grey are also appealing. It didn’t realize grey could be so…aesthetically pleasing?

17. I don’t have a gray diaper in my stash yet, but its only a matter of time. I mean, I love gray, I can’t control my love for it! Now the hard part- which do I get?