I have to admit, whenever I hear Funky Fluff, this is what goes through my head:
Yeah, I’m grooving in my chair listening to that. Little Man likes it too. With a name like Funky Fluff, you gotta get funky!
The Specs of Funky Fluff’s Bamboo Diaper
- Can be used as an all-in-2 (by snapping in the inserts outside the pocket), pocket (stuffing the pocket), and an all-in-one (stuffing and snapping)
- Liner made of bamboo viscose
- PUL flap in front to help contain wetness (great for belly sleepers)
- Double row of waist snaps in contrasting colors
- Cross over snaps
- Hip snap on bottom
- Four rise settings
- Fits newborn to over 35 pounds (it fits my 42 pound three year old with snap covers on the hip snaps)
- Narrow crotch, so difficult to fit larger inserts in pocket
- Includes two inserts: light soaker with three layers, heavy duty soaker with four layers and a fold line, both with snaps on one side at each end
- Wide elastics on legs and back, which I feel cuts down on the red marks (not usually a big deal as this post by Kim from Dirty Diaper Laundry says, but still)
- Made in China, while the company is based in Canada (Funky Fluff talks a little about their process of choosing a responsible manufacturer here)
Since Little Man is a heavy wetter, I used both inserts every time that we used this diaper. Even with two inserts, this is one trim diaper! And it’s extremely absorbent. Um, I left it on Little Man for six hours one time. I don’t normally do that, honestly, but if you want to see how well a diaper performs, you have to put it through it’s paces! I’ve used it all three ways. It funktioned great each way. I’ll admit, I’m a little leary of how well the bamboo viscose will hold up wear and tear wise. I’ve been using it for a month (and it’s been one of the first diapers that I’ve reached for- ha, I had a hard time getting pictures, because every time that I had time to take pictures, I realized the diaper was already used and waiting to be washed!), and it’s holding up beautifully so far. As you can see in the pictures, I chose the purple with green snaps. It’s a lovely reddish purple. As you can tell, purple is my favorite color, and this diaper is my favorite shade of purple. The rise snaps are purple so they blend in. I really like the contrast of the lime green waist snaps with the purple. I haven’t had any wicking around the legs yet, but I tend to kind of tuck in the legs so the bamboo isn’t exposed.
My Opinion Overall
I’m really liking Funky Fluff’s bamboo diaper. I use it a LOT. One thing I don’t really like is that the bamboo covers the whole inside of the diaper. I don’t like touching pee when I’m taking a diaper off. lol But the diaper has only been that soaked once (the six hour trial I gave it). I want to try their stay dry diaper. And they have lots of pretty colors!
To Purchase and Get News
You can follow Funky Fluff on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter to find out the latest. Funky Fluff’s stay dry, bamboo, and wet bags are available at Kelly’s Closet. In Canada? Then you can get your Funky Fluff Fix at Cozy Bums.
I’ve had the diaper for over three months now, so I figured I’d update as to how it’s holding up since I mentioned how I had my doubts about that. It’s actually holding up really well. Yes, it’s gotten stained, but the bamboo is still pretty soft and the inserts still hold a lot. It’s still a diaper that I reach for almost daily. lol It’s one diaper that I have a matching outfit for, so I try to save it for when Little Man wears it. It’s really one of my favorites. The elastics are pretty much perfect, the PUL is in great shape. The lining is stained and more rough, but still pretty soft. So I’m loving Funky Fluff.